Shin splints are when pain is experienced along the front of your shin, or in the muscles running on top of the tibia. Shin pain may be caused by:
• a sports or activity related injury
• over use
• inadequate lower limb or foot biomechanics.
• footwear not suitable to the patient or activity
Symptoms can present down the front of the shin, ontop of the tibia , or along the inside of the tibia lower in the leg.
Pain is usually experienced upon activity, particularly something repetitive and can be difficult to “run through.”
Our podiatrists are highly qualified to assess your biomechanics to determine the likely cause of your shin pain. They will use this assessment to develop an individualised treatment plan that may include:
- stretching and strengthening
- shoe advice and modification,
- orthotics to assist in correcting foot function.
For all appointments involving leg or foot pain, we always recommend you bring along the shoes you wear most frequently, for example shoes used for work or exercise.
If you wish to make an appointment with our Glen Waverley Foot Clinic podiatrists for Shin splints or lower leg pain, please call 9560 9599 or book online
Why choose us?
- Purpose built clinic in a convenient location
- Onsite Parking
- Full time podiatrist availability – Monday to Saturday’s including evenings
- Medibank Member’s Choice
- BUPA Member’s First
- HCF More for feet program
- Bulk Billing podiatrist availability
- DVA registered