During normal movement of the knee, the knee cap glides smoothly over the femur and tibia. However if it doesn’t track correctly over the joint, knee pain can result.
Knee pain is a common problem and can be caused by many things including but not limited to
• sports injury
• wear and tear from ageing,
• Wear and tear from poor knee tracking
If you excessively over-pronate, your foot may roll inwards placing increased stress on your knee joint. The leg can then also rotate inwards. This can lead to increased wear and tear on the cartilage in your knee, and may result in knee pain.
Our podiatrists are highly qualified to assess your biomechanics to determine the likely cause of your knee pain. After this assessment, they will be able to develop an individualised treatment plan for you that may include:
• orthotics to correct excessive over-pronation
• strengthening exercises for the muscles supporting the knee
• shoe advice
For all appointments involving foot ankle or knee pain, we always recommend you bring along the shoes you wear most frequently, for example shoes used for work or exercise.
If you wish to make an appointment with our Glen Waverley Foot Clinic podiatrists for knee pain please click our book now button or call 9560 9599
Why choose us?
- Purpose built clinic in a convenient location
- Onsite Parking
- Full time podiatrist availability – Monday to Saturday’s including evenings
- Medibank Member’s Choice
- BUPA Member’s First
- HCF More for feet program
- Bulk Billing podiatrist availability
- DVA registered