A plantar wart or verruca pedis is a viral infection of the skin occuring under the foot. They can occur in both adults and children and are usually characterised by:
- a lesion that has a cauliflower type appearance
- the skin striations (like finger print markings) are interrupted.
- when squeezed sideways at the base will often be sore.
They are often mistaken for corns as the appearance can be similar . If left untreated, plantar warts are contagious and can spread to other family members.
Our podiatrists regularly and successfully use a variety of methods to treat plantar warts, which encourage the body to fight the virus living within the skin.
Glen Waverley Foot Clinic now use SWIFT Microwave Therapy on warts – a new highly successful method of treatment. For more information click here.
If you wish to make an appointment with our Glen Waverley Foot Clinic podiatrists for Plantar Warts, please click our BOOK NOW button or call 9560 9599
Why choose us?
- Purpose built clinic in a convenient location
- Onsite Parking
- Full time podiatrist availability – Monday to Saturday’s including evenings
- Medibank Member’s Choice
- BUPA Member’s First
- HCF More for feet program
- Bulk Billing podiatrist availability
- DVA registered